Earlier today Flyers star center Danny Briere went into exploratory surgery for his groin issues that have caused him to miss the last 21 Flyers games. He has missed the last 30 out of 31 Flyers games with various injuries. Over the course of the season he has only played 9 of the Flyers 46 games spending 37 games in total out of the lineup. Without a deep Flyers core of forwards the season could have been lost by the injuries of their point-per-game center.
The good news is that the surgery was successful. The bad news is that instead of the minimum two more weeks he would’ve spent on LTIR had there been no complications he will now remain off the Flyers roster for at least double that amount of time thanks to a discovered nerve entrapment. Now Danny will have to wait even longer after admitting that his situation is frustrating. He wants to be with his team.
Of course the Flyers no longer have to worry about their cap issues when Danny Briere returns for at least another month, but the lineup certainly misses Briere. The best the Flyers can do is continue with what they have done all season. It has brought them t0 a position 2 points behind the division leading Devils with one less game played. The Flyers will continue to perservere after resting up for the All-Star break.
List of Games Briere Is Likely to Miss
- Philadelphia Flyers @ Florida Panthers, January 27th
- Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning, January 30th
- Philadelphia Flyers @ Saint Louis Blues, January 31st
- Boston Bruins @ Philadelphia Flyers, February 4th
- Philadelphia Flyers @ Boston Bruins, February 7th
- Philadelphia Flyers @ Atlanta Thrashers, February 8th
- Ottawa Senators @ Philadelphia Flyers, February 12th
- New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers, February 14th
- Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers, February 15th
- Buffalo Sabres @ Philadelphia Flyers, February 19th