Taking large amounts of psilocybin-containing mushrooms results in hallucinations that affect all five senses, including sound and vision. Users may experience altered color perception, elevated mood, and a distorted sense of time. Some users report adverse side effects, including panic reactions or toxic psychosis (when taken in high doses). Adverse reactions are usually the result of psychological distress rather than overdose.
CBG capsules is largely used tin health in the following ways:
- Pain: Studies have shown that cannabinoids reduce pain by interacting with CB1 receptors in the central nervous system.
- Convulsions: Anticonvulsant effects of the mushroom extract have been observed in animal studies using the chemical component dimethyl heptyl-THC-11 oic acid (DMH-11OA). The effect is believed to be mediated by cannabinoid receptors.
- Cancer: Mushroom CBG capsules are one of several plant extracts being studied as potential anticancer drugs.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: study also showed that it effectively reduced the level of proteins associated with Alzheimer’s Disease without having any adverse effects.
- Parkinson’s Disease: Mushroom CBG and certain other cannabinoids may help slow the progression of Parkinson’s Disease by reducing inflammation and neurodegeneration. However, more research is required regarding whether these differences are physiologically significant.
- AIDS Wasting Syndrome: A study involving monkeys showed that treatment with purified extracts from mushrooms significantly slowed weight loss associated with simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) infection.
- Psoriasis: Treatment of psoriasis with the mushroom extract as an alternative to conventional treatment showed that it effectively improved skin lesions, disease severity, and quality of life.
Mushroom CBG capsules produce similar effects without hallucinations. Users experience relaxation, euphoria, and increased sociability. The low toxicity of mushroom extract means there is no danger of overdose, unlike with other recreational drugs such as marijuana, which has an associated risk of toxicity when taken excessively. Taking large doses of mushrooms can be expensive because they are illegal to purchase without a prescription.